[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

statues - relax guys

Howdy,

Don't worry about the delays in getting the statues.
These things take time. (aren't any of you in the computer industry?)
Think of it as every day waiting makes a better statue, because that is
really the way it works.

I am actually jealous of you folks who already ordered one; at least you
know that you will get one.  My wife would KILL me if I bought one.
Every time I fill in one of my missing back issues, like Groo Epic #59, she
gives me this look like I am Groo.  You can tell she is wondering if SHE
erred in marrying me.  Its rough.
These statues are truly a great work of art.  I have always been amazed
at Senor Aragones' drawing skill, but now to make such a great statue
on his FIRST TRY.  It is really amazing.  This is like finding out that Einstein
played a mean boogie woogie piano.
And the cost, big deal.  Anything under $500 is considered chicken feed
in the art community.  Lesser works routinely sell for thousands of
dollars in the brie & beaujolais art galleries of this world.  Be happy.

BTW, does anybody know where I can get any of the little lead figures of
Groo and other characters?  They were made by Dark Horse Miniatures
(now defunct?) around 1987 or so.  I have few but want more.  They
are about an inch tall and made of metal (lead?).  Any news would be
appreciated.  I have been trying to find them for almost 10 years.