[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Groopies

Hi all!

Kenneth said:
>Groo is geared for simple-minded idiots like you and me...

Okay, so Mark has been pushing the one-joke joke and the dumbness of people
who read Groo in the letters pages (Or at least he _did_ while Groo was
still coming out, *sob*). Anyway, I know Kenneth was kidding (you _were_
kidding, weren't you?), but it occured to me that all the time I read Groo I
never found it dumb, or geared for dumb people. In fact, compared to many
comics out there today, Groo is very high-brow.

I can just imagine all the eyebrows rising as y'all read my last sentence.

Seriously people, did you ever read an issue and think to yourself "Man,
that was stupid"? And by that I don't mean something that Groo did (because
we all know Groo habitually does stupid things---that's part of his, uh,
charm), but the issue itself.

I should probably be saying something really serious right now, but I can't
put my finger on what I want to say quite yet, so later...

:] Lia

P.S. This is silly, but does anyone know whether Groo was popular in France?
Well, consider how beloved Gerard Depardeau (I know that isn't the correct
spelling) is over there, and then consider how much he and Groo look alike
(Except that Groo has more hair). Any answers?
bula@tridel.com.ph
http://www.tridel.com.ph/user/bula/

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
				                - Roald Dahl