[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The GROO reprint poll

     By all means, reprint random stories, and in each issue, do one small
     original cartoon that has never been printed before.  When I say
     "random", I mean "random", so some stories may show up several times
     while others never get reprinted.  Then do slightly different format
     variations, "pocket books", hard backs, magazine size, black & white
     versions, and CD-ROM.
     Also, I would really like to find single frames of GROO strips in
     collector cards of William Stout, Sandman, Magic, MAD, Tales from the
     Crypt, etc.
     On a different but related subject, it took me several months and a
     lot of miles (and $) to complete a set of GROO collector cards.  I
     think there were only 5 boxes on the entire east coast.  Since it was
     so difficult for me, I started to help other folks on the net to
     complete their sets.  But, I'm discovering folks have incomplete sets
     around the world and the postage is breaking me.  Does anyone know how
     widely the cards were distributed and in what quantities?  Are there a
     few million cases of them sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting for
     the right offer ($2.00 per box) to come from a discount mail order
     house?  In my doubles, I have as many as 9 of some cards and none of
     most others.  That almost got me started collecting only one specific
     number as opposed to a complete set.  I think it would be a lot
     easier, and their value would surely increase with scarcity to others.