[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PLOP! -Reply

Wow.
 I think  a Halloween Groo issue is a fantastic idea.
There are lots of good issues to pull from.  The Ara#a(52), The
Amulet(#34), Dragon Quest(#67), The Shaman(#72) just for starters.
Maybe Sergio will get inpired and put a few new drawings in (Groo
dressed as Dracula, Rufferto as a werewolf, Chakaal as a Playboy
bunny, Arba and Dakarba dressed as Pal and Drumm (?).

BTW, my favorite issue of all time was The Aquelarre (IC#2), which had
a whole bunch of Halloween-type drawings.

>>> <George_Karalias@avid.com> 06/21/96 05:19am >>>
Hello everyone,

Either I'm not on this mailing list anymore and don't realize it, or we've hit a
severe lull in conversation, reminiscent of those pregnant pauses when
everyone stops talking all at once at a really loud party.

Anyway, if there is anyone out there listening, I want to place my vote
for reprinted stories.

All the stories had a touch of greatness to them, but my personal
favorites hinge on Sergio's unique talent of drawing creatures of the
supernatural. Vampires, ghosts, mummies, decomposing creatures, etc.

I really enjoyed the Groo stories that had these themes. Reprinting these
in a "Halloween" Groo special would be very cool. (Hey, we're almost up
to "H" in the reprint line-up, right?)

Maybe this reprint can also include some of Sergio's PLOP! art from
many, many, many, many, years ago! My personal favorite was #4. Truly
a classic. How about even reprinting the PLOP! pantomime cartoons in a
paperback similar to the "Mad Marginals."

Well, anyway, I hope this e-mail sparks up some discussion.

-George