[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Another M.E. Message

> Pardon my ignorance, but what on earth is/was "Welcome Back, Kotter" ?!?

"Welcome Back Kotter" was a sitcom in the mid to late 70's.  It starred
Gabe Kaplan as Mr. Kotter, a high school teacher at Buchanan high school
in Brooklyn, New York.  When he was a high school student there, he was
a member of a gang called the "Sweathogs".  Now, he's a history teacher
with "Sweathogs" in his class.  He's the only teacher that they respect
and listen to.  The "Sweathogs" are Vinnie Barbarino (John Travolta),
Arnold Horshack (Ron Palilo), Juan Epstein, and Freddie Washington.

Each episode began and ended with Mr. Kotter telling a joke about an
Aunt or an Uncle, usually to his wife Julie (Marcia Strassman).  (Tell
us an Aunt/Uncle joke, Mark!)

The theme song is "Welcome Back" by John Sebastian, who used to be the
lead singer of "The Loving Spoonfuls" in the 60's.  You may have heard
it.  It was a big hit in the 70's.

Anyway, "Welcome Back Kotter" was one of my favorite shows.  I thought
it was always funny, even now.

Have a great day, everyone!

Eric =)