[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Aragones Bibliography

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Eric Chun wrote:

> Also, Sergio drew the cover for the Wondercon 1995 Program, and he appears
> with Stan Lee in one of the videos for "The Comic Book Greats" series.  In
> this video, he mentions that he was doing work for advertising in Mexico
> for many years before coming to New York.  While he was working as a waiter,
> someone suggested that he submit his work to MAD Magazine.  He had heard of
> MAD Magazine while working in Mexico, so he didn't start with issue #1.  He
> said that he has never missed an issue since he started, though.

	I've got the video -- boy, that Stan Lee is one *annoying* guy,
imho.  The MAD issue in question is #76, Jan '63.  Sergio draws/writes "A
MAD Look At The US Space Effort."  When I got him to autograph it he said
"Boy, I haven't seen this one for a *long* time."

	For a more obscure title. . .  I've got a book that Sergio did
titled "Les Piepons" that I got in Belgium.  It was published by Dupuis.
The particular 'edition' is titled "1. Tout feu tout flamme", but I don't
think any more came out.  There is no dialogue, and it features gags
about the daily lives of a team of firemen.  On the last page, there is a
drawing of Sergio at his desk (with a Groo & Ruf. statue nearby), with
the fireteam blasting through his wall, and a space capsule (complete
with astronuts) falling through the roof.  The caption says that Sergio
is drawing for Buzz & Bell and Les Piepons. . . .

Ruben.

Follow-Ups: References: