[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A topic of conversation

Hello Groop,

Since things have been a bit quiet on this mailing list lately, I thought
I'd throw a topic for debate at everyone.  I have been reading through my
Groo collection, and I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy the
comics where Groo is wandering around with his friends (Chakaal, Arcadio,
Taranto, Arba & Dakarba, Pal & Drumm, Sage, Minstrel etc) than the ones
where it is just Groo and Rufferto.

Anyone else agree/disagree/care?  A while back, M.E. said that he
suspected that a lot of Groo fans weren't buying the comic at the end,
and I think that part of the reason might be because of the lack of other
recognisable characters.

OK, this is my opinion, and I would like to hear what everyone else
thinks.  Hopefully we can get the conversation going again, like it used
to be...(Just for the record, of the more than 230 or so emails posted to
groo-l since 26 May (when I first subscribed), there were about 150
posted between 26 May and 26 June, and only 80 or so posted between 26
June and 8 August...a definite decline.)

Let's get talking!
Denis.
--
this has been another email from d.hackney@student.anu.edu.au

Quote of the Week:

Secretary:  " *The* Zaphod Beeblebrox?"
Zaphod:     "No, just *a* Zaphod Beeblebrox, didn't you hear I
             come in six-packs?"
  -- Douglas Adams, "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe