[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A topic of conversation

On Aug 14, 10:43pm, Denis Hackney wrote:
> Subject: Re: A topic of conversation
> Eric Chun wrote:
> > I thought the Image series was really great.  (Maybe it was just the
> > slick new paper on the Image series boggling my mind.)  The first Groo
>
> I agree wholeheartedly.  In fact, Image #6 (The Great Invention) is one
> of my all-time favourites, but in *general*, I don't think the Image
> Groos were as good as the rest.

I cant quote numbers, but my favourite has to be the gunpowder story. That was
excellent.

> > Some of the new characters introduced in the Image series were pretty
> > good, like Pipal Khan.  (Gwoo?  Who is Gwoo?)
>
> Agreed once again.  Pipil Khan is gweat.  However, I for one would be
> vewy intewested to see what would twanspire if he met up with Tawanto,
> and they got together to twy and defeat Gwoo.  I'd also like to see Sage
> and Tapaz get together to try and solve the worlds problems.  Also, how
> about Chakaal vs. Macha?
>
> There seemed to me to be a decline in the number of other distinct
> characters in the stories.  Any other people in the later issues were
> kind of nameless faces slotted into the lineup just to send Groo on the
> next adventure, which I don't find as entertaining as having someone I
> know, and can understand their reasons for what they're doing to Groo.
>
> 	-- Anonymous
>-- End of excerpt from Denis Hackney

How about trying to come up with some new characters? After all, nigh on 150
issues can wear some characters thin (although I like he of big chin and bigger
ego every time).

I must say that my draw to Groo is that morals can relate to real life, as can
some of the story lines, e.g. Groo the painter, hilarious but disturbingly
true.

John