[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re:topic of conversation

Geez,
You Groopers make me feel like such an old fart.
The first Groo I bought was Epic/Marvel #10. (new)
Back in those days you could still buy the Pacific issues off the stands.
That was before Rufferto and before Pal & Drumm and even before Arba
and Dakarba.  Through the years, Groo has met up with an incredible
array of characters.  Take another look at the cards; there's lots of wild
characters, and monsters, too.
BTW, Number 10 is the introduction to Arcadio.
It has a gob O'gals drooling and swooning over "the hero".
Sergio draws people so funny I just had to get all the Groos.
My favorites are still the ones with gorjus wimmin in 'em.
Call me a sexist, that's okay, just don't call me late fer dinner.
With that in mind, my quote for the day is a long exerpt from Ambrose
Bierce's Devil's Dictionary:
MAIDEN, n. A young person of the unfair sex addicted to clewless
conduct and views that madden to crime. The genus has a wide
geographical distribution, being found wherever sought and deplored
wherever found. The maiden is not altogether unpleasing to the eye, nor
(without her piano and her views) insupportable to the ear, though in
respect to comeliness distinctly inferior to the rainbow, and, with regard
to the part of her that is audible, bleating out of the field by the canary --
which, also, is more portable.

WITCH, n. (1) Any ugly and repulsive old woman, in a wicked league
with the devil. (2) A beautiful and attractive young woman, in
wickedness a league beyond the devil.

WOMAN, n. An animal usually living in the vicinity of Man, and having a
rudimentary susceptibility to domestication. It is credited by many of the
elder zoologists with a certain vestigial docility acquired in a former state
of seclusion, but naturalists of the postsusananthony period, having no
knowledge of the seclusion, deny the virtue and declare that such as
creation's dawn beheld, it roareth now. The species is the most widely
distributed of all beasts of prey, infesting all habitable parts of the globe,
from Greeland's spicy mountains to India's moral strand. The popular
name (wolfman) is incorrect, for the creature is of the cat kind.  The
woman is lithe and graceful in its movement, especially the American
variety (_felis pugnans_), is omnivorous and can be taught not to talk.

And just to be fair ;~}

MALE, n. A member of the unconsidered, or negligible sex. The male of
the human race is commonly known (to the female) as Mere Man. The
genus has two varieties: good providers and bad providers.

MAN, n. An animal so lost in rapturous contemplation of what he thinks
he is as to overlook what he indubitably ought to be. His chief occupation
is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however,
multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable
earth and Canada.