[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Button vs. Badge vs. Pin

A French man enters the badge/pin/button fray...

> 	True, I think the term badge makes more sense, but to confuse
> things, here, that is what a police officer carries to prove they can lock
> you up.  In France/Belgium, a 'pin' is called 'un pins' (even if it is
> singular), call it 'un pin' and they'll laugh.  Bonus points to the
> person who can say why. . .

So we French used to say "badge", but then "pin's" was the word to use
(fashions and all)... If you say 'un pin', it pronounce like "pain"
(bread) or like "pin" (pine). Mmmm by the way "pine" (in French) is
another word for 'dick' (NOT the nickname (by the way, nick (in English)
is pronounced like "nique" (in French), which is another word for 'fuck'
(and "pique-nique" (in French) has nothing to do with that (mmm "pique" is
another slang (well almost) word for 'steal', but still it has nothing to
do with "pique-nique" which is just another word for 'picnic' (in
English)))))

Was it clear enough ? :)

 Philippe BRUHAT - BooK                   Centrale Lille - Genie Informatique
 bruhat@rennes.enst-bretagne.fr            ENST Bretagne - Mastere RESIM
 Tel. 02 99 36 46 91              http://www.rennes.enst-bretagne.fr/~bruhat/

 When it is time for voting-      /     In the West or in the East-
 Why must we always settle for-   /     The man we hate the least?
                                (Intro poem to Groo The Wanderer #108 (Epic))