[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: quiz

Simon Passey wrote:
>Here are some answers.

(One answer would have been sufficient, but since no-one else was
answering I guess we can't complain...)

>>Q.19  What was Groo doing in Maringa, and in whatb way did he succeed
>>in his task?
>
>Groo 49 contains the answer.  Groo was protecting the village from
>the Wolfmen, but as usual failing as he could not tell the villagers
>from the wolfmen.  He made them wear red bandanas, blue shirts and a
>few others until he succeede in protecting the village.  This was
>because there was nothing left to steal and so Groo left.

Mr. Simon Passey, take a bow.  You've just won yourself a prize!  (Send
your postal address to Eric to claim it...)

>>Q.21    What was the running joke with M. Wayne Williams?
>
>The price of an issue of Groo doubled so he could only afford to buy
>every other issue and wanted his letter published in an issue that he
>would read. This started in Groo 90 and ended in Groo 93. C. Houle
>continued the running joke in Groo 95 to Groo 97 by asking him not to
>ask for e repetitive letter because that meant there was less room in
>Groograms for his own letters, and he ended by threatening to send Groo
>round.

Well, yeah, this one's right too.  But you only get one prize...

>>Q.22    What's Mark Evanier's reaction to the words 'Niagara Falls'?
>
>In Groo 109 M.E. starts this one , though he later admits he doesn't
>know why.It is something like this:
>
>Slowly, I turned step by step inch by inch I crept up upon him.
>The next bit involves strangulation, kicking and huitting him. He then
>says Oops Sorry and continues as if normal.  The first time M.E. did the
>joke it involved a long story abiout someone taking away his wife and
>chile and M.E. chasing them around the world until he caught them at
>Niagara Falls.

Hmm, another one right.  But you still only get one prize!  If someone
can come up with the exact wording for the answer, then they can have a
prize, since Simon cheated by answering more than one question.

>>Q.23    When Groo met up with Princess Thaais (Thaiis) for the *second
>>time*, who is the *last* person in the list of people he thinks she is?
>
>The answer is obviously Groo. Issues 80 to 83 contain the story, though
>I think that it is actually the third time he meets her.  The first is
>when he is sent on his mission to escort the young Princess through the
>forest. Then he loses her but later refinds her and drops her off with
>the enemy who imprison her.  Finally when she is grown up he meets her
>and lists all the names.  The story ends with Groo going off to look for
>the younger Princess that he lost all those years ago.

And once again...correct but you only get one prize.

>Q.24    Which Groo story was described by Mark Evanier as 'One of those
>where Groo does the wrong thing at the right time, the right thing at
>the wrong time...and then finally the wrong thing at the wrong time'?
>
>Not sure about this but I think it is issue 36 'Rhyme nor Reason' where
>Groo eventually wishes that the Amulet did not exist.

Hmm, I'm not sure either.  Who asked the question?  It was ... Robert
Ulrich.  Robert?  Is this correct?

>I'll leav the other questions to someone else as I don't know the
>answers yet !

That leaves Q26 and Q27 to go.  Q26 was the one about the jigsaw puzzle
in issue #103, and Q27 was the one about how to play the game of "Groo".
--
This signature belongs to:     Denis Hackney
If found please return to:     d.hackney@student.anu.edu.au