[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Aragones on Parade

I just picked up a nice book.  It's called SERGIO ARAGONES ON PARADE, and
it's a collection of his stuff from MAD, published in 1979.  The copy I
got was coverless, and only cost $2.  That for 160 pages, full sized (not
one of those MAD pocket books).

Among the nice things in here are Aragones' first MAD strip, over 20
pages of "Marginals" printed big (4 or 5 to a page), a section devoted to
Aragones with other writers, and at the end a dozen pages of rejected
stuff.  Lots of fun stuff!

One feature I found interesting was "The Shadow Knows", which I guess he
used to do on a regular basis (there are four double pages spreads, plus
a page of rejects) but stopped before the era when I read MAD on a
regular basis.  Sometimes pretty clever, though occasionally take some
time to figure out, which isn't typical of Aragones work.

Bob
  bg549@torfree.net, occasional editor of Gunk'l'dunk,
     a Beanworld newsletter.  E-mail me for details
++
Sometimes the Universe finds enigmatic ways to mend itself.