[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Groop T-Shirts... -More Reply

More noises of agreement with Ruben and Randall, and the economics of the
exercise are also rather daunting.  By the time we get the shirts designed and
printed, we're probably looking at 10 to 15 bucks a shirt.  Add 5 bucks postage,
maybe 2 dollars insurance.  Now if we multiply that all by 100, and we need cash
up front, we need a couple of grand!!!
	And what happens if 20 people join the Groop between now and the print
run, do they get included? What happens if 20 people drop out of the Groop
who've had their names on the shirt but won't pay for it any more?  What happens
if people order the wrong size?  What happens if the Southern hemisphere
T-shirts are all upside down? What happens if Marvel goes bust? (Oh, that's
already happened)  What happens if Dan Quayle becomes President of the USA? (Dan
Quayle must be a direct descendant of Groo, having no brawn and even less
brain!!!). What happens to the Prince of Chichester?  What happened to the
pirates?...
	How about we kill the T-shirt idea, and create a virtual "T-shirt" (worn
by a virtual Groo?) on a web page, some sort of Groop specific design with a
list of names of people, how long they've been in the groop, number of messages
they've sent, whatever..
Cyberspace is so much simpler than the real world...

	cheers,
		Erik   (:

Erik Petersen, Melbourne, Australia (ecp@preston.net)
"Mistakes are to life what shadows are to light."  Ernst Junger.
"Looks like trouble."  Kamen, Aliens vs Predator screenplay (unfilmed)
"Idverymuchliketobuyapostagestampplease." Alice, through the Needle's Eye
"There was nothing to be said. So I said it." Philip Marlowe P.I, Poodle Springs

Re: The Groop T-Shirts... -Reply