[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Groop T-Shirts... -More Reply

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Erik Petersen wrote:

> More noises of agreement with Ruben and Randall, and the economics of the
> exercise are also rather daunting.  By the time we get the shirts designed and
> printed, we're probably looking at 10 to 15 bucks a shirt.  Add 5 bucks postage,
> maybe 2 dollars insurance.  Now if we multiply that all by 100, and we need cash
> up front, we need a couple of grand!!!

	Yup, that's why I'm not volunteering *my* Visa! :-}

> 	And what happens if 20 people join the Groop between now and the print
> run, do they get included? What happens if 20 people drop out of the Groop
> who've had their names on the shirt but won't pay for it any more?  What happens

	I never really thought that putting all the names of members was
a good idea.  Doing so would put the shirt out of date in a matter of
months.  I think a better idea, if people want some kind of personal time
stamp on it, is to put the year the shirt was made on it.  But even that
is debateable. . .

> if people order the wrong size?  What happens if the Southern hemisphere
> T-shirts are all upside down? What happens if Marvel goes bust? (Oh, that's
> already happened)  What happens if Dan Quayle becomes President of the USA? (Dan
> Quayle must be a direct descendant of Groo, having no brawn and even less
> brain!!!). What happens to the Prince of Chichester?  What happened to the
> pirates?...

	What pirates?

> 	How about we kill the T-shirt idea, and create a virtual "T-shirt" (worn
> by a virtual Groo?) on a web page, some sort of Groop specific design with a
> list of names of people, how long they've been in the groop, number of messages
> they've sent, whatever..
> Cyberspace is so much simpler than the real world...

	Along the same lines, howabout someone come up with a nifty Groop
image that we can all load up as our Windows (or whatever) wallpaper, or
print out and display at the office.  Maybe even some kind of collage
with The Groop mentioned on it?  One could cut and paste letters from
scans of the title pages of various issues to form the needed letters.
Then cut and paste different pictures together to make some kind of 'new'
picture.  I don't know, maybe I'm off my rocker today. . .

Ruben.