(ME) Dungeons & Dragons

>featured animations to Sergio)...and, somewhere in there, I wrote the
>pilot for the DUNGEONS N' DRAGONS cartoon show and an

~~~~ Just curious Mark, you did the pilot of the D&D.  A couple of
questions.  (BTW, I used to love that show)

 How much research did you do into D&D and AD&D as source info?

Were there big problems with the network due to the supposed "D&D
related suicides" etc.  Not to mention that a lot of the content of the
role playing game dealt with the occult etc. ?  (If indeed you did have
to tiptoe around that stuff, you did a good job, it got me interested in
fantasy enough to become a voracious reader, without feeling patronized
by the lack of serious occult reference in the show.  -- in other words,
after I had played AD&D, I didn't feel that the cartoon was watered down
unjustly.)

I ask because I've always been a big supporter of AD&D and it's ability
to expand a child's imagination and problem solving skills.  When played
right, (ie. more in depth mystery/problem solving than hack and slash
killing)  RPGs are a great tool for kids.  The whole suicide uproar  was
a farce in my opinion.  A few disturbed kids play D&D and take it too
seriously and it ends up fueling an already diseased mind... anyway...

thanks for being part of a show that made me want to go out and learn
more about fantasy... which led to learning about history, writing, and
a ton of other things including improving my art skills.

~Nate P.~

Nate Piekos              natepiekos@hotmail.com

Check out AKF COMICS', The Whole Enchilada!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/1410/start.html
Check out PLANET 10 LOGOS
http://www.foolarchy.com/planet10logos