Re: (ME) Dungeons & Dragons

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:48:31 PST, "Nate Piekos"
<natepiekos@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How much research did you do into D&D and AD&D as source info?

ME: None.

>Were there big problems with the network due to the supposed "D&D
>related suicides" etc.  Not to mention that a lot of the content of the
>role playing game dealt with the occult etc. ?  (If indeed you did have
>to tiptoe around that stuff, you did a good job, it got me interested in
>fantasy enough to become a voracious reader, without feeling patronized
>by the lack of serious occult reference in the show.  -- in other words,
>after I had played AD&D, I didn't feel that the cartoon was watered down
>unjustly.)

ME: Nobody ever mentioned suicides or the occult to me.  I just was
hired to write the pilot and did so.  A fellow named Dennis Marks
figured out a lot of the characters and concepts, so perhaps he had to
deal with those concerns.

Mark Evanier's new e-mail address is: me@evanier.com
OFFICE: 363 S. Fairfax Ave., #303 - Los Angeles, CA 90036