Re: 1999 Groop Awards - Nominations, please

Kevin Hall wrote:

> The incredible team of Lia, Magnus, Nate & Kevin has been working their
> respective tushes off in order to bring you this phenomenal,
> star-studded, mind-blowing extravaganza! (a little better use of
> hyperbole, yes, Nate?)
>
> In any case, here's the scoop: the Awards will be happening in 2 stages
> - the nominations, and the vote. The Academy (otherwise known as the
> gang of four listed above) will entertain nominations for the 6
> categories listed below through March 1. Please send nominations to the
> list (we want to get everyone thinking on this). We'll go through all
> the nominations and post them to a "voting page". Groop members will be
> able to go to the Awards site and vote for the winners in these 6
> categories through March 15. We'll then announce the winners at the site
> for the official "ceremony" on Apr. 1. We *may* also add a category or
> two over the next few days -- we'll keep you posted.
>
> Categories for the 1999 Groop Awards
> -------------------------------------
> 1999 Rufferto Award for Best Groo Contribution -
Hmmm. I'd like to nominate the Dessesbo One, for all the time spent
cleaning out garages, corresponding with people all over the globe
trying to attain each and every groo appearance, making the list of groo
appearances, thinking up invasion plans, And of course, agreeing to
handle all the mailings of groo posters for foreign groopers. ;)

> 1999 Groo Award for the Best Blunder -
So many to choose from...although, most of them were from Larry Steller,
wherever he is right now...and they were very entertaining. Even though
groo must try to follow every grooper around...

> 1999 Sage Award for Most Useful Online Information -
Mark?

> 1999 Scribe Award for Most Entertaining Typo/Misspell -
I can't tell.
I can't remember.
Someone refresh my memory.

> 1999 Minstrel Award for Most Creative Post -
Uh, mmmmmmm, well, gee.
Methinks Nate, for actually conceiving the rufferto awards.

> 1999 Chakaal Award for Most Interesting Fashion Statement -
AAAAAAAH. Have to go with the bug, again, for the pirate costume thing,
the parade thing...Did I mention that I dunno where he is? Does anyone
know? Has he become some sort of groop urban myth?