Re: 1999 Groop Awards - Nominations, please

Hi Folks From Gary Whose E-Mail is Finally Fixed!!!!!!

The Groop awards!  Wow, what a cool thing! You guys are to be commended.
Ok, this is going to be really tough, but here goes:

> Categories for the 1999 Groop Awards
> -------------------------------------
> 1999 Rufferto Award for Best Groo Contribution - this is THE coveted
> award. "Contribution" refers to promoting Groo and or the Groop or
> helping the Groop & Groo fans.

This is really tough.  Me and Ruben and the guys who have the Groo websites
have provided the MOST information, but thats not what this category is
about.  It seems to me this is about attitude.  So immediately to my mind
come Eric Chung, who is always so cheerful and giving and funny, and Kevin
Hall who is also giving and funny and also so earnest, and Nate who is
so....so Nate! But since I only get to nominate one guy, I think I'm gonna
GIVE MY NOD TO KEVIN.  But I hope all 3 are on the ballot (I guess Nate
already is).  Also, I gotta mention Chris S., Unirabbit, Bunny, & Bubble!

> 1999 Groo Award for the Best Blunder - you've all read the stories from
> time to time that people have sent in. What was the biggest goof up you
> remember reading...or if you have a new "Groosome" tale to tell & you
> want to nominate it, by all means do so. You *can* nominate yourself for
> this award (although, why!?) :)

Larry Stellar (We know you are in NYC, now get on line you hoser!)
immediately comes to mind, of course, and he's already been nominated.  But
I NOMINATE LIA who some of you will recall pulled one of the all-time
classic Groos when she got her dates mixed up and showed up one day late
for her final exams. Even Legendary Larry would have trouble topping that.
(Plus she is such a sweety!)

> 1999 Sage Award for Most Useful Online Information - this could be in
> the form of informative posts to the Groop, useful info in a
> webpage/website, info kept in an online database, etc.

Hmmm.  Well, I gotta go with one of those fabulous Groo sites, where you
can find out just about anything about Groo.  They are hard to choose
between.  Theres Ronny Hansen, Shane (He of the once and future website),
and Demon Squirrel. Also Magnus!  But I think since these are the first
Groop awards, I will take the oppurtunity to NOMINATE JOSH JONES, lord high
chancellor of Groop@groo.com, the man who makes the Groop possible, and
creator of one of the best and most complete Groo sites ever.

> 1999 Scribe Award for Most Entertaining Typo/Misspell - The Groop is
> only human after all! And, of course, when one of us makes a
> lexiconical? stumble, everyone is immediately there with attempts at
> humor to lighten the situation and/or ridicule the poor Groop member! :)

If it were for volumn, I'd nominate myself, but how can any one top
Dognuts?  I NOMINATE RUBEN.

> 1999 Minstrel Award for Most Creative Post - this IS an incredibly
> creative Groop after all...and there have been some VERY entertaining &
> creative posts over the last year. Nominate your favorite!!

This is impossible.  Too many people contributing too many creative,
hilarious, imaginative, ingenous posts to the nominate one person.  And so
often it's folks making great additions to other folks stuff. Look how many
people had a part in our taking over the world. That was a blast and great
Groop effort!

> 1999 Chakaal Award for Most Interesting Fashion Statement - this is sort
> of self-explanatory. You might post a pic on a website somewhere, look
> at some of the pics of Groo fans that we've seen in fanzines from
> conventions, Guess the Grooper pics, etc.

I NOMINATE NATE for his drawing of himself in full Groo garb in FanPicII.

There, that's it.  Gary "Overly verbose as usual" Grossmann