Dan's "hypothetical" Conversation, con't

TG Dan Wrote:

> >Grooper (completely oblivious):  .....and I've got some Turkish and
Malaysian
> >Groos, too, which were really hard to find and expensive but I did and
now
> >I've got them and they're really just Groos I've read before and they're
just
> >smudgy reprints in a language I can't read which is OK because I've
already

Ouch!  But you see, I don't tell people I collect "comic books" anymore.
Too many wierd looks.  (As if golf isn't a strange pastime)  No, I tell
them I collect "comic art".   And I tell them I have "contacts" and fellow
"comic art collectors" all over the world, including Brazil, Malaysia, and
Turkey.  And instead of giving me that "It's a comic book collector.What a
Wierdo!"  look.  They give that "Ooooo  Ahhhh Ohhhh.  How exotic!" look.
It's amazing how effective silly semantic devices can be!

Take care all!  -Gary G.  (International Comic Art Collector of
Mystery!?!?)