Re: ebay groo statue

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 16:40:08 +0800, Dennison Tan
<dennison@philonline.com> wrote:

>Okay, I'm not really sure how this works, but Someone keeps outbidding
>me whenever I bid.
>Should I just input the whole amount I'm willing to spend or wait?
>I don't want to spend a whole lot for the statue and then spend for
>shipping.
>I'm really not familiar with ebay and with how it works.
>someone help?

ME: If you really want something on ebay, it sometimes helps to wait
until just before the item closes.  On items where many folks are
trying to outbid each other, the winner is often someone who bids in
the final fifteen minutes.  (Just the other day, I bid on an item one
minute before it closed.  Someone else snuck in and topped me in the
last thirty seconds and I could not get a new bid entered in time to
outbid him.)

When I see an item I want, I usually enter a reasonable bid, just so I
get into the game.  Then, if someone tops me, I usually lay out until
near closing time.

There is no harm in inputting the highest amount you're willing to
spend.

Mark Evanier's new e-mail address is: me@evanier.com
OFFICE: 363 S. Fairfax Ave., #303 - Los Angeles, CA 90036