Re: The Dark Side

>Sparky U gives in to the dark side....

~~~~ Yeah, but the badguys get the best costumes (check out Darth Maul
from Episode 1 ! on the official site! http://www.starwars.com

Which if any groop members didn't know, his facial make up is based on
Japanese Kabuki masks.  Very much like an Oni (remember we discussed oni
vs. obi, before? Oni is a demon, obi is a belt)  Actually quite a bit of
Star Wars is based in samurai lore.  This continues Lucas' tendancy
towards Japanese costuming... just look at Vader's helmet, very much
like a samurai Kabuto.  And Obi-wan and Yoda's robes are very much like
martial arts' gi.   See? You learn something new every day.  Sergio
incorporates a lot of Japanese dress into Groo, too.  A lot of the armor
etc. is a hodgepodge of different cultures.  I noticed he likes to use
kabuto helmets.

~Nate P.

Nate Piekos              natepiekos@hotmail.com

Check out AKF COMICS', The Whole Enchilada!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/1410/start.html
Check out PLANET 10 LOGOS
http://www.foolarchy.com/planet10logos