Re: Some Sad News

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracy Parrow <unirabbit@bigfoot.com>
To: groop@groo.com <groop@groo.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 09, 1999 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Some Sad News

>Well, I heard on the radio yesterday that they had released Clockwork in
the UK,
>but there were too many 'copy-cat' crimes, so they had to withdraw it. I
can get
>it on video here (I think, I've never actually looked for it)..

Actually, Kubrick withdrew it after he recieved too much criticism.  To the
best of my knowledge, there weren't any Alex-inspired crimes.

Kubrick forbade Warner Brothers to release it in Britain during his
lifetime...  And thinking of that now makes me want to cry :(

>> Unirabbit, a HUGE Kubrick fan, but was only able to watch a Clockwork
Orange
>> one
>> time because she was so disturbed by it.

And, believe it or not, the film's actually kinda tame compared to the book.