science stuff!! :)

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Azamin "Cantona" Zainol Abidin wrote:

> JE is Japanese En**** (I don't know how to spell it).  It is a name of a
> virus using pigs as host and attack human vis Culex mosquito.  It can caused

Probably encephalitis.

> a variant of virus Hendra ( previously attacked Australia - horse).  I think
> that's why Islam prohibit its believers to eat pork.

Trichinosis is usually why most people believe Orthodox Jews & muslems
don't eat pork. Another nasty little bug (worm this time, not virus).
Maybe the powers that were back then just recognized a bunch of problems.

Kevin

PS Hey, Magnus! I heard there's an award thingie tonight...going?