My Groo hat mentioned in Ethics

You read right.  The story's kinda long, but bear with me.
	While I was attending my Ethics class in college, my Groo hat got
mentioned.  We were talking about a theory called Ethical Egoism(not that
complicated, but too complicated to explain here), and we started talking
about our moral obligations.  He started with the obvious, saying if we
brought a starving child from argentina in the room with us, (and for some
reason that day we had all brought sack lunches), after we were finished and
had left overs, we had an obligation to feed her (most people said that they
would feed her before they ate, but then I would be going off on a tangent).
Anyways, he proceeded to explain that we have a moral obligation to that
child even if she was back in Argentina.
This is when he mentioned my hat.  He asked me what king of hat I was
wearing, and how much it cost.  He said that if I didn't buy this hat, but
instead bought a regular hat with nothing on it, I could give the money from
the difference to give to charity and feed that starving child.  But then
that could be said about virtually anything anybody was wearing.  The point
of this story?  None really, except that I got my teacher to say "Groo" about
four times in my class!  And he mentioned again in the next class, saying
something to the effect of "Still wearing that Groo hat I see" in a joking
manner.

Hope ya have a happy easter

Jacob