M.E. requests a favor...

Groop, I have a favor to ask of you...

A lot of you have asked about Groo merchandise like action figures and
such.  Well, the answer to this is that we want to do more things like
that, but we've been very fussy about the quality of such items.
They'll either be good products or we won't do them.  (By the way, it
looks good for the Groo lunch box.  Don't spread that around but we
should see them before the year is out.)

A couple of companies that we like are interested in doing Groo items
with us.  One of the things that makes them a bit hesitant is that,
they say, they never see any talk about Groo on the Internet message
boards.  It makes them wonder if our fans are devoted...can you
believe that?  But I understand it...you're all over here on this list
and you post your messages here, not in public.

What I'd like to ask is, if you go on the newsgroups or on any other
comic message boards, you post some messages about Groo...or even
questions that I can answer.  DON'T mention anything about me asking
this.  DON'T make it awkward.  But as you read the newsgroups, if you
see a place where you could mention GROO or GROO & RUFFERTO, jump
right in.

In other words, get the name of GROO out there.  Show the world that
we have some folks who are interested in the book.

(And while you're at it, feel free to mention BOOGEYMAN.  Matter of
fact, I'd really like to see some folks talking FANBOY up on the DC
message board.  It's at www.dccomics.com and you'll have to register,
but it's absolutely free.)

Thanks!

Mark Evanier's e-mail address is: me@evanier.com
OFFICE: 363 S. Fairfax Ave., #303 - Los Angeles, CA 90036