Re: Groo Stuff from M.E. - ComicCon Questions

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:01:48 -0700, "Ken Fritts"
<kfritts@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I have only been to one ComicCon. I was wondering how panels work.
>Do you have to pay to get into them? Is there a limited number of people
>who can attend? Any hints/strategies/stories to help make trying to attend
>a panel successful?

ME: You just have to pay the admission fee to the convention.  Once in
a rare while, there's a special seminar/class that involves a special
fee but I doubt you'll ever want to attend any of those.

At San Diego, there's a schedule and upon arrival at the con, you
ought to get a copy and mark what you want to see.  Many events are
opposite other events so you may have to make some hard choices.  Most
of the panels are in rooms that are large enough that everyone can get
a seat but, once in a while, they fill up.  (There are occasionally
small "workshop" classes where seating is limited.)  So the best thing
to do is to get to the panel ten minutes or so early to get a good
seat.

Mark Evanier's e-mail address is: me@evanier.com
OFFICE: 363 S. Fairfax Ave., #303 - Los Angeles, CA 90036