Database Software experience?

Non-Groo alert!

I'm looking to perhaps start putting the Unofficial Sergiography into a
database to make it easier to manage, format, output, etc.  What I
really need the software to do is be able to ouput database
entries/fields to a text file, in any format/order I choose.  IE: I want
to manage it in 'typical' database fashion, but still be able to present
the data in it's current text listing style.  I don't know if this is
possible, or if I'll need an add-on or third party program or what.

My other requirements are that the software be Windows-based, and
inexpensive.

Any advise muchly appreciated.

Ruben.