Re: M.E. - Question...

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:12:21 -0700, "Dr. Clarke" <sac@foolarchy.com>
wrote:

>Hey M.E., I know you've known a zillion million people (which is actually
>more than a gazillion), so I have a question:
>
>Letterers... For as long as I can remember, I've always seen Tom
>Orzechowski as a letterer in a great many comic books. I mean, I've seen
>his name in a zillion books...
>
>... soooo, the meat of my question is: Who is this guy? How long has he
>been around... and do you have any cool stories about him?

ME: Tom's been around a while.  I met him at Marvel in around 1975
when he was on staff.  Later that year, I hired him to letter some
TARZAN comics I was editing for the Edgar Rice Burroughs company.

Tom's a very nice guy who raised the art of lettering a few notches
and who trained/inspired a lot of others in the field.  He once cited
me as the only writer in comics who understood lettering and could do
it well.  Over the last few years, he's segued more into writing and
editing.

I saw him a week ago in Oakland and we had a nice chat, but I don't
think I have any cool stories about him.  If I think of any, I'll post
'em.

Mark Evanier's e-mail address is: me@evanier.com
OFFICE: 363 S. Fairfax Ave., #303 - Los Angeles, CA 90036