Re: Original Art

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:59:34 -0700, "The Grossmanns"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>Just for (hopefully) future reference, here are the prices when things were
>available:
>
>Pages(Image only) Regular:  $250
>		Splash Page: $500
>I don't believe the covers have ever been for sale.
>Card Art:  With Groo:  $250
>  	Without Groo: $175

ME: I wouldn't expect to see Sergio let anything go for those prices
or anything close in the future.

>Mark, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't part of the reason things are not
>available is because you guys are just too darn busy for Sergio to take the
>time to find the stuff that people want.

ME: It's partly that and partly Sergio's feeling that the stuff ain't
worth selling at the prices it's been going for.  In other words, he
will either get a lot more for it or he'll keep it until he can get a
lot more for it.

>btw, Mark, does Sergio have a sorage facility where he keep all his
>thousands of pages of art from Groo and MAD and everything else?  He has
>tons of stuff at his studio, but i can't imagine everything fits into those
>spiffy draws he has there.

ME: Some of it's there, some of it's in other places.

Mark Evanier's e-mail address is: me@evanier.com
OFFICE: 363 S. Fairfax Ave., #303 - Los Angeles, CA 90036