Re: Groo activity online

Hi Folks!

Well, I really haven't done that much.  I think we need to get a bunch of
us subscribed to the miscellaneous comic newsgroup (rec.arts.comics.misc.)
and just talk up Groo.  The news groops are kind of a cross between chat
rooms and mailing lists like this one.  You don't have to be on at the same
time, but you want to follow a particular "thread" of conversation on a
relatively timely basis.  If some of us took a little extra time and posted
some of the straight Groo related things we post here on a newsgroup to
each other, hopefully it would generate input from nonGroopies.

In other words, a loosely coordinated effort to drum up Groo talk on a
public newsgroop.  Some of the RPG Groopies could do the same thing with
respect to the Groo Game.  Same for cards and lead miniatures (if there is
a lead mini newsgroup.)  Maybe there are things other than the newsgroups
or there are other newsgroups.  I don't know.  btw, as Mark suggested, go
to the DC newsgroup and say something good about Fanboy.

Also, Mark mentioned subscribing to something at the DC website.  I haven't
had the time yet and I forget exactly what he said, but I think its like a
newsgroup.  Maybe Dark Horse has something similar.  Of course, the time
thing brings up what Nate was talking about. But like I said, if we posted
on the newsgroup instead of here, that would work well.

For example.  It's abou time we started talking about G&R #4 and the series
as a whole.  Lets do it on the misc. comic newsgroup instead of here.   If
anybody wants to know how to subscribe to a newsgroup, just ask Kevin!

Anywho, That's my 5 kopins worth.  I'm out of town for the two days, but
I'm going to post some stuff on G&R #4 on rec.arts.comics.misc. this
weekend. Take care -Gary G.