Goodbye, Mad Jack

Talk about running ou of ideas:

They cancelled 2nd favorite cartoon "Mad Jack the Pirate" on FOX.  I leave a
half hour late for work every Saturday just so I can see that cartoon.

You know what they replaced it with?  DO you know??  WOODY WOODPECKER!!  THat
horrible hyperactive pecker from the 80's is back, and worse than ever!!  I
hated that show as a kid, and I sure as hell hate it now!  The only redeeming
quality of that show was "Chilly Willy the Penguin", because it made me feel
good to think about kicking the crap out of him.  Today's show (or part of
it, I couldn't sit through all of it, it made me sick. [and you know a TV
show's bad when it makes ME move]) was Woody having a hotdog war with a
Swedish walrus.  Ok, so it SOUNDS funny, but beleive me, it was not.

That whole style of cartooning sucks.  That's why they don't (or shouldn't at
least) make cartoons like that anymore.  It was one of those cartoons where
the characters run across the same background endlessly.  Grrr.  I think
that's why I liked "Garfield and Friends" so much when it came out.  It was
different, its characters were different, its style was different.   I don't
know.  (Just so you know that show was my proffesed favorite looong before
I'd even heard of Mark).

-TGD

PS:  YES, I know its silly to get so worked up about a cartoon, but still.