e-mail virus hoax - sorry.

Ruben Arellano wrote:

> Again (didn't you just send a similar one a few days ago, and several times before that?), I appreciate your concern
> about this, but as I'm sure people have explained to you, you can't get a virus by simply opening or reading an
> e-mail.  Please refrain from sending these sorts of 'warnings' through the Groop.
>
> All best,
> Ruben.

Thanks, Actually I just concern about the virus spreading over the net.

There is no virus that can infect a computer by just opening an e-mail, but the virus can be transmitted by attachment
of files in the e-mail (trojan horse) such as MS word/execution files.  Maybe the person who firstly send the e-mail
virus hoax meant that we do not open the attachment of that e-mail, not the e-mail itself.

this is the URL on e-mail virus hoax:
http://www.drsolomon.com/company/press/us/1998/other/aprilfool.html

this is the URL about antivirus that can detect virus attach in the e-mail attachment.
http://www.emailtoday.com/emailtoday/dir/email_virus_software.htm

sorry for the un-Groo-related postings, but I'm just concen.  It is better to be aware than to be to little too late.

Azamin

The Malaysian Grooper, the Groo trooper.
ps.  To Mr. Johaidi, as a  Telekom Malaysia IS Auditor, Internal Audit department,  I think you should know about this.

Ps2 Thanks Ruben for reminding me.  Anyway I just sent it twice.  The CIH one is real.