[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
e-mail virus hoax - sorry.
- To: Ruben Arellano <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Groop <email@example.com>, Diana <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Hartiny (Tiny little creature) Alias" <email@example.com>, "Hazalina (Lin)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Iskandar Shah Sulaiman <email@example.com>, "Johaidi (Bro Jo) Bakar" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Johaidi Bakar <S51515@smsgnt03.telekom.com.my>, Kamariah & Safwan <email@example.com>, Kamsiah <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "M. Fitri (Raya)" <email@example.com>, "M. Yuzlee" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Marlina Mohamad <email@example.com>, Mohammad Faiz <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mohd Safwan Mohd Ariffin <email@example.com>, "Mohd. Zairee \"Kecik\" Abdul Aziz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Mohd. Zairee \"Kecik\" Abdul Aziz" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Nor Herman (Jawa)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Noremilin (EMI) Ahmad Tarmuzi" <email@example.com>, Pretty Norazura Anuar <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Rossey Ginsawat <email@example.com>, Rossuhaila Haron <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Saaiah <email@example.com>, "Suhaila \"the Smurfette\" Che Ismail" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Sy. Aini" <email@example.com>, Zamani <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Zamri <email@example.com>, Zatil <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Zielah <email@example.com>
- Subject: e-mail virus hoax - sorry.
- From: "Azamin \"Cantona\" Zainol Abidin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:07:28 +0800
- References: <373A1B96.53CB3884@pd.jaring.my> <373A62B3.2632F2C7@infoserve.net>
- Resent-date: Thu, 13 May 1999 07:08:39 -0700
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <"7OOvsD.A.edB.nztO3"@destro>
- Resent-sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruben Arellano wrote:
> Again (didn't you just send a similar one a few days ago, and several times before that?), I appreciate your concern
> about this, but as I'm sure people have explained to you, you can't get a virus by simply opening or reading an
> e-mail. Please refrain from sending these sorts of 'warnings' through the Groop.
> All best,
Thanks, Actually I just concern about the virus spreading over the net.
There is no virus that can infect a computer by just opening an e-mail, but the virus can be transmitted by attachment
of files in the e-mail (trojan horse) such as MS word/execution files. Maybe the person who firstly send the e-mail
virus hoax meant that we do not open the attachment of that e-mail, not the e-mail itself.
this is the URL on e-mail virus hoax:
this is the URL about antivirus that can detect virus attach in the e-mail attachment.
sorry for the un-Groo-related postings, but I'm just concen. It is better to be aware than to be to little too late.
The Malaysian Grooper, the Groo trooper.
ps. To Mr. Johaidi, as a Telekom Malaysia IS Auditor, Internal Audit department, I think you should know about this.
Ps2 Thanks Ruben for reminding me. Anyway I just sent it twice. The CIH one is real.