Crescendo News - May 1999

CRESCENDO NEWS ONLINE - May 1999

The spring is sprung,
The trees are sappy,
Crescendo 4.0 is released,
And we're all very happy!

OK, I'll stick to music and leave the prose to the pros. The
verse above was realized on a beautiful spring morning in
New England waking up to the incessant sounds of a woodpecker
outside my window making its home. Presenting the May 1999
newsletter, lest I break into another verse.

You can read the May 1999 newsletter online at:

	http://www.liveupdate.com/newsletter/may99.html

There, you'll find images, music, and helpful links. The plain
text version of the May newsletter is provided below.

CONTENTS:

	* Introducing Crescendo MAX Featuring LiveSynth PLUS
	* Users Give Crescendo MAX Standing Ovation
	* Version 4.01 Released-Three Flavors of Crescendo!
	* We Burn CDs 4 U
	* Web Authors MAXimize Crescendo
	* Subscribing / Unsubscribing

INTRODUCING CRESCENDO MAX FEATURING LIVESYNTH PLUS
http://www.liveupdate.com/buymax.html

Crescendo MAX delivers integrated real-time streaming MIDI
music playback and a mega-bank of top quality General MIDI
instruments. The new LiveSynth PLUS loads automatically to
provide instant music using any sound card. LiveSynth PLUS is
a huge upgrade for FM synth users, substituting thin-sounding
FM blips and bleeps with in-yo-face real instrument sounds.
LiveSynth PLUS is also perfect for listening with laptop
computer sound systems.

Start Up Your Synth Engine
LiveSynth PLUS provides 64-voices of software wavetable
synthesis using a whopping 5 MB sound bank. The sophisticated
controller searchback engine updates settings for volume and
stereo panning, even when you start playback from the middle of
a song. When you surf to another MIDI site, controllers are
reset to ensure proper levels when playing the next song. Go
ahead, surf music sites all day and night - taking time out for
meals, of course.

Sample This!
http://www.pcsounds.com
Hruska Audio Productions is the premier audio production house
in multimedia today. They provide digital audio engineering
services to the best names in the computer and music
industries. LiveUpdate and Hruska Audio have teamed up to bring
you LiveSynth PLUS, the finest instrument sounds at a fraction
of the cost of many other software and hardware wavetable
synthesizers. Listen to audio clips of LiveSynth PLUS playing
music in a variety of styles. Hearing is believing!

Two Birds with One Synth
http://www.liveupdate.com/cforte/
As well as providing great sound for MIDI web sites,
LiveSynth PLUS also upgrades Crescendo Forte's basic
synthesizer. Crescendo MAX provides seamless automatic playback
of MIDI embedded in web pages, and Crescendo Forte with
RealPlayer G2 provide a convenient stand-alone MIDI player for
locally stored files. Did you also know that you can use the
RealPlayer Plus G2's graphic equalizer as a high-precision tone
control for LiveSynth PLUS? Visit the Crescendo Forte Showcase
to download RealPlayer G2 and Crescendo Forte for free. Then
get Crescendo MAX to boost your listening pleasure all over the
web.

USERS GIVE CRESCENDO MAX STANDING OVATION
http://www.liveupdate.com/buymax.html

Hundreds of way-satisfied Crescendo MAX users have already sent
unsolicited rave reviews.  Here's a short accolade sampler:

..There's such a breadth of sound now with LiveSynth PLUS! The
strings now have great tonal qualities. I will be recommending
this new 4.0 version of Crescendo with LiveSynth PLUS to all of
my on-line friends. Thanks so much for giving your buying
public its money's worth with such quality software!...

..Thank you for the fabulous product that you guys have turned
out! I will be sure to recommend it to everyone I know with a
web browser and a sound card!...

..I think it is stupendous, one of the top programs in my
arsenal. Crescendo has such depth now that I find it hard to
believe. Kudos to you all!...

..I love the new Crescendo. I have it on all four pages of my
website and it works beautifully...

VERSION 4.01 RELEASED - THREE FLAVORS OF CRESCENDO!

Crescendo MAX Universal Edition      $29.95
http://www.liveupdate.com/buymax.html
Includes LiveSynth PLUS and all Crescendo PLUS features.
Crescendo MAX is ideal for discerning music lovers who want to
hear Internet music using LiveSynth PLUS' fresh new MIDI
instrument sounds.

Crescendo PLUS Universal Edition     $19.95
http://www.liveupdate.com/buyplus.html
Features unlimited MIDI streaming from any site, and more.
Hear music start playing immediately without waiting for entire
MIDI files to download.

Crescendo Basic                       Free
http://www.liveupdate.com/dl.html
The most popular free MIDI player on the Internet.

Version 4.01 is the result of six-months of intensive testing
using all kinds of computer systems, under all kinds of
off-road conditions. Throughout the testing period we
concentrated on compatibility with the latest browsers and
operating systems, as well as painstakingly preserving legacy
support for older systems. No wonder version 4.01 is our most
robust release ever. Even the laboratory rats we used for
testing were measurably impressed by the stability of playback
and authentic reproduction of their favorite MIDI hit,
"Yes, We Have No Cheese".

All versions of Crescendo 4.01 contain these NEW features:

New Look!
You've got the music, we have the look. The new Crescendo
control panel is designed to look smart on any web site, and
also goes well with the drapes.

Song Information
Copyright information, song name, author, text, lyrics, and
track names are displayed in a convenient new Song Information
dialog box.

Updated Browser Support
Increased efficiency and stability in the latest browsers
including Netscape, Internet Explorer and AOL.

Allow Auto-Start
You can now disable Auto-Start. Press the play button only when
you feel like hearing music.

Detach Button
The new control panel sports a Quick Detach icon in the upper
right corner. Click it to manually detach a "satellite" control
panel and surf the web while continuing to listen to a MIDI
file.

WE BURN CDs 4 U
https://secure.liveupdate.com/order.html#surfer

Well, we just read in our favorite high-tech rag that 3.5"
floppy diskettes are passe, so we're jumping on the bandwagon
and will now make CDs! These CD hard-copies of Crescendo PLUS
and Crescendo MAX are available for the cost of shipping and
handling ($6.95 in the US, and $8.95 outside the US). Order
either Crescendo MAX or Crescendo PLUS from our online store
to get immediate electronic delivery, and while you're at it,
don't forget to order a backup CD to put on your software
shelf, or mount on the wall.

WEB AUTHORS MAXIMIZE CRESCENDO

It takes a lot of creativity, technical knowledge, and hard
work to build a great web site. Seamless playback of music
enriches the experience of your site's visitors. Use Crescendo
to set the mood, make a statement, or provide a playlist to
keep your visitors entertained for hours.

To help you create the best Crescendo enabled web sites
possible, consider the resources below:

Crescendo Freeware JavaScript MIDI Jukebox Code
http://www.liveupdate.com/newsletter/march-april99.html#jkmusic
Check out JK's MIDI GrabBag for free MIDI music files and get
the source code for a very cool Crescendo jukebox application
that you can customize to suit your needs. Just download the
zip file and open the source code for "JK's MIDI GrabBag
Playlist.html" to see what it takes to make a Crescendo
JavaScript jukebox.

Crescendo Newsgroup
Click this link to subscribe to the Crescendo Newsgroup, a free
forum frequented by helpful people who share Crescendo
authoring tips and trade custom code. Join the only authorized
Crescendo Newsgroup on the planet!

Crescendo StreamSite Key
http://www.liveupdate.com/css.html
Serve up a hot plate of streaming MIDI to keep the attention of
your visitors. StreamSites start playing music within seconds
of a visitor arriving at your page or clicking on a song link.
A StreamSite Key can be added to any web site and is platform
independent. There's also no need to involve your ISP since the
StreamSite Key enables streaming without any server
modification.

Test Your Site with Crescendo MAX
http://www.liveupdate.com/buymax.html
Get your own copy of Crescendo MAX and test LiveSynth PLUS with
the MIDI files you're going to put on your site. When you test
using the LiveSynth PLUS, Crescendo MAX users visiting your
site will enjoy a consistently excellent playback experience.
Be sure that music on your site is properly configured for
General MIDI and LiveSynth PLUS playback by ordering
Crescendo MAX.

We respect your privacy. This newsletter is sent to anyone who
downloaded Crescendo in the past, and indicated with a
checkmark on the download page that they'd like to receive
information from us. We would like to let you in on all of the
exciting happenings at LiveUpdate, and the computer music
industry. Messages from LiveUpdate to our family of subscribers
will not be sent any more frequently than once a month. Your
information has not, and will not, be given to others or sold.

Subscribe - If this message was forwarded to you and you'd like
to subscribe to Crescendo News Online, or provide us with a
change of address, simply reply to the address in the header of
this message and include your contact information.

Unsubscribe - To tell us you want to unsubscribe, so we
permanently remove your name from our user list, simply reply
to this message and include the word "unsubscribe" in the
message subject line. Your request will be automatically
handled by our mail system.

Thanks for listening!
Jim Kometani, Crescendo Evangelist
Copyright (c) 1999 LiveUpdate. All rights reserved.