Re: Groo Stuff & SW Sacrilege

>OK, now for the SW Sacrilege:  I think Star Trek 2, 3, & 4 make a better
>Trilogy than SW.  (Star Trek 6 is good too.  1 & 5 suck!)  SW is a little
>too juvenile at times and some of the "technology" is just stupid, like
>those giant walker things. Its also too much to think that guys who can
>destroy a whole planet would be overwhelmed by overgrown teddy bears with
>glorified slingshot weaponry. I need a little more "realism" in the context
>of the fantasy universe presented.

>Take care all -Gary G.

~~~~ I agree with Gary (except about Trek).  Ewoks gave me a complex which
I will never overcome.  I even feel aggressive around excessively hairy
midgets to this day.  I just want to shake them and scream, "How the hell
can you beat gun-toting stormtroopers when you probably haven't even
discovered that wiping your butt is a good idea, yet?!?!"  Another thing
that most SW fans overlook is that the ewoks were originally going to EAT
the main characters.  How cute is that?  (Sounds like GROO actually.)

I too believe that SW is pretty campy in spots, but hey.  I love it all
anyway.  And remember this when you say the new movie is too, "kiddie" in
spots:  George Lucas knows what he's doing.  He's roping in little kids
now, so that as Anakin grows (and matures throughout the movies)  so will
his initial audience.  And keep in mind that the first is mostly a set up
for the next 2 (whereas most films are one-shots).  The next 2 will deal
with the Clone Wars, the fall of the Jedi and the temptation of Anakin to
the Dark Side... pretty serious and dark topics.  I'm actually anticipating
the next 2 more than this one.

~Nate~ "Almost but never quite on topic" Urinetoast
Nate Piekos        nate@piekosarts.com

PIEKOS ARTS ~ http://www.piekosarts.com
AKF COMICS ~ http://www.piekosarts.com/akfcomics
HoM ~ http://www.piekosarts.com/mendicants