Re: Unenlightened Fools!

Hi Folks!

I would bet more than kopins that Weaver's words that were spoken in Groo
#78 and written on the scroll in #100 were penned by our own ME.  Lots of
Sage's sayings and Weaver's words have the sound of something familiar, yet
it is usually very apparent that they are not.  This is just one of the
many reasons why Mark can actually make a living as a writer (never getting
paid for Groo notwithstanding)  With respect to Sage's sayings, Mark could
have been a ghost writer for Ben Franklin in his "Poor Richard's Amanac"
days.   Also remember that many famous sayings are derived from other
famous sayings and that more often than not it the famous person speaking
them and the circumstances under wihich they are spoken that make them
famous sayings as much or more than the words themselves.

Take care all -Gary "Wordy" Grossmann

PS  Mark, what was with that blacked out word bubble in #100?

PPS  Armond, If no one else volunteers, I can probably get another G&R #4.
But I'll have to check.  As for the others, Ebay is your best bet if the
comic shops in your neck of the woods don't have them.  Also, tell your
local comic book shop to start carrying all Sergio stuff and All Mark stuff
from Dark Horse and DC.