"Spark"ing up some interest

Hi friends and neighbors!  Nate "Sparky-Urinetoast" here.  It has indeed
been verrrry slow around here lately.   So here's something for
discussion... some of you know my newest "project" has been a free comic
lettering site, BLAMBOT!  http://www.piekosarts.com/blambotfonts   right?
Well, here's the debate... I'd love to design a font loosely based on Stan
Sakai's lettering... but I don't know if I should.  On the Pro side:

cool font.
It'd be free for anyone to have.
I could give it a nifty title like, "CheeseDip Regular"
Fonts are a gray area where copyright infringements are concerned.
Legally, I can take anyone's handwriting and make a font out of it with no
legal repercussions, because you can't copyright handwriting (as far as I
know.)

Con Side:

I'd feel like I was ripping off Stan Sakai to an extent (because it
wouldn't be exactly his handwriting, but close.)
I don't know how Stan would feel about that.  If he'd dissaprove, I would
respect his wishes, but I have no way to ask him.

Any thoughts? Anyone? ME?

~Nate
Nate Piekos        nate@piekosarts.com

PIEKOS ARTS ~ http://www.piekosarts.com