Re: ME: Senor Wences (non-groo post mostly)

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:27:13 -0400 (EDT), Kevin S Hall
<khall@sunspot.ummed.edu> wrote:

>Does anyone on the list, or especially you Mark as you seem to know these
>things, know if there's ANY way to find some old Senor Wences routines on
>tape?? I'm having the best time of my life right now introducing my
>daughter to the joys of the Bill Cosby records I grew up with, and I
>think she would ADORE some of the Senor Wences stuff (yes, I know the n
>has a tilde over it, but I don't know how to make this goofy unix box do
>that!). :)

ME: Senor Wences, believe it or not, only had one routine.  He had an
act of about thirty minutes in length and he did it over and over, in
different languages with only minor variations, for over sixty years.
When you saw him on TV, you saw him performing excerpts from that one
act.

He did every bit of it at least twice on the Ed Sullivan Show and
those tapes still exist, but I don't know if they've been released.
Let me ask around.

Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.