Re: ME: Senor Wences (non-groo post mostly)

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Mark Evanier wrote:

> ME: Senor Wences, believe it or not, only had one routine.  He had an
> act of about thirty minutes in length and he did it over and over, in
> different languages with only minor variations, for over sixty years.
> When you saw him on TV, you saw him performing excerpts from that one
> act.
>
> He did every bit of it at least twice on the Ed Sullivan Show and
> those tapes still exist, but I don't know if they've been released.
> Let me ask around.

To his credit though, I'd be happy to see it at least another 20 or so
times. :) Thanks to Elie for the info on the Sullivan tapes...if anyone
ever does find the "whole" routine around in some form, it IS truly
classic. Let us on the list know about it! I feel the same way about a
lot of Victor Borge's stuff.

Kevin "born 30 or so years to late" H.