[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: "Sparky" Urinetoast



Hi guys/grrls!

Sparky wrote:
There was then a shower of sparks and my left arm
turned into a vice grip around the lamp.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!  AAAAAAAAAAARGH!  I was numb
up to my bicep for a few minutes and I still feel
weird.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens ... In high school electronics class, I built a circuit with transistors, resistors, capacitors, and a 20V power supply. Well, it was time to clean up, so I started pulling out the components from the board without turning off the power supply! (It was only 20V. What's the big deal?) The current traveled all the way my left arm up 'til my shoulder, and it was numb for about 10 minutes or so. You can feel all 10 billion nerves in your arm when this happens. Don't try this at home, kids ...

See you.

Eric (who's now an Electrical Engineer)

Ps. Nate -- since your lamp was using an electrical
outlet at 125V, you could have been toast (literally)!


_______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com