Re: Free E-mail???

This story has been going around for a while, and it's not true
folks.  This is a release from the USPS website.
Good thing it's not true..if we had to pay for e-mail how could afford
new Groos?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
     May 21, 1999
     Release No. 45

                  E-MAIL RUMOR COMPLETELY UNTRUE

     WASHINGTON ? A completely false rumor concerning the U.S. Postal
Service is
     being circulated on Internet e-mail. As a matter of fact, the
Postal Service has
     learned that a similar hoax occurred recently in Canada
concerning Canada Post.

     The e-mail message claims that a "Congressman Schnell" has
introduced "Bill 602P"
     to allow the federal government to impose a 5-cent surcharge on
each e-mail
     message delivered over the Internet. The money would be collected
by Internet
     Service Providers and then turned over to the Postal Service.

     No such proposed legislation exists. In fact, no "Congressman
Schnell" exists.

     The U.S. Postal Service has no authority to surcharge e-mail
messages sent over the
     Internet, nor would it support such legislation.

                                    -30-

http://www.usps.gov/news/press/99/99045new.htm

--
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide,
is that considered a hostage situation?