Re: Groo Playing Cards

At 10:16 AM 7/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Those types of cards actually exist (without Groo on them).  My father
>(who is Spanish) has a couple sets of them, and I've seen them quite a
>bit in Latin and Italian house holds.  I think they're standard in the
>Medetarian area.  You may want to check out any Latin/Italian/Greek/etc.
>shops in your area.  If you have trouble, let me know and I'll keep an
>eye open for you....

~~~~ Well, when you get right down to it, modern playing cards are based on
the tarot deck.  There are obvious paralells, 4 suits (heart, clubs,
diamonds, spades / swords, cups, rods, pentacles) and each suit in the
tarot has it's number represented by the number of objects on the face (eg.
the 3 of swords has 3 swords in the picture on the card) much like modern
cards have 4 hearts on the 4 of hearts, both have king, queen, knight
(jack).... the modern deck just dropped some of the arcana.

I think Sergio is just into the whole occult/old world/gypsy thing anyway,
and likes to draw the cards like that.... but what do I know... I'm just
the guy who badmouthed the lunchbox...

~Nate~ Ever up on the occult.
Nate Piekos        nate@piekosarts.com

PIEKOS ARTS ~ http://www.piekosarts.com