Re: Defending the box

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:03:17 -0400, Nate Piekos <nate@piekosarts.com>
wrote:

>Nate:  Well, what about all those MARVEL ones on the wall?
>Owner: 8 bucks each.
>Customer (chiming in): 20 bucks for a GROO LUNCHBOX?!  GROO?!  It probably
>cost them 2 bucks to make it!
>Nate: Well, uh, yeah, you're right... but...
>Owner: The price limit on those should have been no more than 15 bucks.  20
>is ridiculous.  I won't even stock them.  No one will pay it, and GROO just
>isn't a big demand.

ME: Never go to that store again.

Actually, the truth is that the boxes cost a lot more than 2 bucks to
make in the quantities that Dark Horse will be running.  I think
they're only making 500-1000 so they have to sell for $20.  If we made
50,000 like Marvel does, we could bring the cost way down.
Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-3124