Re: GROOPFEST

--- Kevin Hall <kevin.hall@ummed.edu> wrote:
> Eric Chun wrote:
>
> > Frank Miller used to charge $5.00 per signature,
> which
> > was donated to charity.  John Romita Jr. used to
> charge
> > $0.25 per signature, which was donated to charity.
> > Maybe that's a good idea.
>
> I still go with the "personalized" meaning
> "personalized": that is, if
> Sergio signs his name, it's TO someone. Same with
> sketches. At least
> it shows those who are trying to sell them off later
> for what they
> are. That way the folks who just want something to
> treasure over time,
> get what they want (and I assume Sergio doesn't mind
> those), and the
> other people just look silly.
>
> Kevin

If it's any consilation, and I only half-know what you guys are talking
about because I don't read all the groop's emails:), but i was at a
comic book show in Charlotte,NC, and David "Darth Vader" Prowse wanted
between $10-$30 per autograph, and as far as I know none of that went
to charity, but that aside Darth Vader is as it turns out, a really
sweet guy- Go figure!