groop@groo.com guy I should really try and get down to San Diego (from LA)
and see the groo panel. After asking six people to borrow their car I
finally just settled on taking my friend Dallas' since he was asleep and
it's easier to beg forgiveness than permission I've found.

I left around 11am in an attempt to get to the panel by 1:30pm some 100
miles down the 5. I ended up just barely making it after getting a
speeding ticket and actually showed up well before Sergio himself
saundered in. After the panel I got so see Gary's rare collection of Groo
#1's in Swedish, Finnish, Norweigan, Danish, Turkish, Brazilian, etc.. and
then I made a quick tour around the convention before heading back up (So
Dallas wouldn't be TOO angry about his car). I took the $40 parking ticket
off my car and bought $20 worth of gas to please the car owner and drove
about 12 miles before getting stuck in horrible traffic (it was about 5pm
on Friday). and so stopped at a mall for about 90 minutes before
continuing on my way.

That little trip ended up costing me about $240 it turned out! But I
wasn't really too surprised. One has to realize what they're getting into
when they set out on Friday the 13th to go to a _Groo_ panel!

Dallas chewed me out when I got back.

Josh

  Josh  |  josh@newdream.net
 Jones  |  http://josh.newdream.net