San Diego Comic Con

Hi all,

Comic Con International was again great, if not tiring!  I ran into Eric Chun
on Saturday, who wondered where I was on Friday for the Groo Panel,
unfortunately we had not made it down to San Diego yet.  I live about four
hours north, north of Los Angeles.  Eric apparently enjoyed it!  Got to talk
to Sergio and Stan Sakai, who both won well-deserved Eisner awards for Groo
and Usagi Yojimbo, respectively.  The highlight of our trip and one of the
reasons I brought my wife was to look for original art!  As we strolled down
Artist's Alley, Kristin found two Fanboy pages, which we snatched up from
Matt Haley, who did pages 2 & 3 from issue 1!!!  We were quite pleased to get
Sergio Aaragones/Matt Haley art!!  They both signed the pieces, Sergio drew
two small Finsters, one on each page.  The pages are currently in my office,
they will probably go to a friend's store for a few days, then under UV glass
on the walls somewhere!!  I never did see Mark Evanir anywhere, although I
was told he was around!  I found several Silver Age Green Lanterns and
Amazing Spiderman to help my collections.  My wife enjoyed meeting Jill
Thompson, who does the delightful Scary Godmother stores, and should be seen
by everyone and Larry Gonick, who does the Cartoon Guides. He is a real
intelligent artist, actually having a masters in Math!  Paul, I have the Groo
Sergio signed, but I need your address again, since I accidently ripped
through it opening the package!  Take Care.  Scott Hudlow