Fw: Selling PromoCards on eBay

Well it looks like perhaps maybe we have a small victory. Or
he is appeasing us from the amount of emails he got. Either way, I think
perhaps we might have something here. A polite and
informative way to let the masses know about how uncool it is
to sell off free con sketches/promo cards. I have heard there
are other mailing groups for other comics. I wonder if we can
find a way to maybe start some inter-mailing-list communication
and suggest to people to watch for eBay auctions of free con
sketches of their favorite artists and such and maybe recommend
polite emails from fans explaining what the circumstances are of such
actions.

I was thinking that this probably has been going for for years. Just
instead of online auctions it was local comic shops. Shop owners
would go to cons and get free quick sketches or cards and
then turn around as soon as they get back. However, with
the internet we have a higer visibility of it and the deed of selling
the free gifts from comics people have moved from the local shop
online.

Anyway Kudos to all in the Groop who sent polite emails. Hopefully,
others will be as accepting and understanding to our missives.

--Ken