Re: What's the big deal about selling signed cards?

I think that Vaughn does make some valid points here.

It's not that there's a strong outcry of selling signed stuff. The outcry is selling "FREE" autographed stuff and pictures that were drawn and autographed to a specific persons name.

Accept it like this. If you want to turn around and sell an original Groo page that was inked by Sergio, that is acceptable in my book. But, when you wait in line for 10 minutes to get Sergios autograph on a free card and turn around and sell it for $10!?!?! That to me is wrong. So, I guess that when Gary and I had Sergio sign all those cards for individuals, we should charge them $10 each?!?! That's about $60-$70 in Garys pocket!!!

Because of scalpers and sellers of art, I cannot even get Sergio to sketch my autograph book!!!! Not even my girlfriends book!!! And we all know that Sergio is sweet on girls. He's drawn large pictures, for free, in my girlfriends book for the last 3 years.. but not this year. She had to wink and plead with him to get a small thumbnail sketch next to last years thumbnail. And I do mean, it's not bigger than you thumbprint. (And don't tell M.E. that he did a 'really small' sketch for her!)