Re: The signature file/My two kopins

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999 02:58:10 -0500, Groosum
<adrobinson@centuryinter.net> wrote:

>Well, I'm guilty. Before I discovered the groop, the only way I could
>obtain Sergios' sig. was to buy it, usually off of eBay. My most
>cherished pieces in my collection are the ones that are signed, and I
>have bought them all. I live in the middle of nowhere, about 80 miles
>from the closest comic shop of any repute, and my best source of books
>is from eBay. I have purchased Buzz & Bell and Smokehouse 5/ both with
>signatures and sketches. I have also bought Groo PC #'s 1,3,8 with
>signatures and am planning on building an entire signed set of the PC
>issues. There is a limit as to how much stuff a person can mail to ME
>and ask for him and Sergio to sign, so I and people like myself rely on
>lowlife like promoman to get me what I want for my collection. Not that
>I would pay $10 for that card, but I did and will pay good $$$ for any
>book/item that I deem worthy of adding to my collection.

ME: Just out of curiosity...what is the appeal of a signed set of
comics?  Do you think it will make the books more valuable for resale
at some point in the future?  Do you just think it makes the books
more special?

I run into people who have every issue of GROO and they want them all
signed.  This, I don't get.  I have every book Harlan Ellison has
written but, even though he's been a close friend for 30 years, I
don't think I have more than one or two of them signed.

Mark Evanier
PMB 303
363 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-3124