Re: The signature file/My two kopins

I think Gary's post pretty much covered most of what I would want to
say.

But from my experience, when I first thought of the possibility of
getting things signed by Sergio, I thought "Gee, I'd like to get my
entire collection signed!!".  I think it was a sort of measure of my
idols recognition of me being a fan.  BUT, after I had met Sergio, and
talked with him, I had a few things signed, but the desire to have
everything signed wore off.  I realized that no one except myself could
measure the breadth of my fanaticism for Sergio's work, and I could be
just as content with 8 signed items as 100.  I realized that the
emotional and physical time I spent hoping/trying/getting a ton of stuff
signed was just a waste of time.  Interestingly, a bunch of my items are
signed because Sergio offered (ie: really wanted to), as I was just
showing him some hard-to-find comic or poster and he'd say "Do you want
this signed or what?".

I think another aspect is Sergio's willingness to sign things.  I'm also
a HUGE fan of Bob Dylan and Neil Young, but I would NEVER think of them
signing all my vinyl albums -- just one signature would be amazing
enough.  But, since Sergio is known for signing lots of stuff, the
prospect of getting all my Pacifics and Epics signed becomes a
possibility and thus something I could strive for.

So, in short, I wouldn't say a signed set of comics has to do with
monetary value.  It has to do with fan recognition, pride, and
truthfully, greed.

All best,
Ruben.

PS: look -- no CC to Mark!