Stuff from M.E.

First off, it was great meeting so many of you in San Diego.  I
apologize to those of you who couldn't find me but in four days, I had
to do eight panels, about six business-type meetings and a couple of
interviews.  So I wasn't around as much as I might have liked.

I've gotten a lot of private messages asking me if Sergio and/or I
and/or Stan and/or Tom will be in this or that town soon for a
convention.  The answer is that I'll be attending a one-day con in
Seattle on September 19, and Sergio and Stan are going to Norway in
October (at least, I think it's October).  I don't know of anything
else that Sergio has scheduled and I have no other cons on my calendar
at the moment.

Sergio and I have agreed to do a quick non-GROO special for Dark
Horse.  By "quick," I mean we'll probably write and draw the whole
thing in the next ten days or so and it'll be out around December.
I'll tell you what it's about in a week or so.

We are also working out the details for another GROO Graphic Novel to
come out before next summer.

I'm still looking for spare copies of Groo Trading Card #19 -- the one
with Sergio.  I have plenty of the others but I'm fresh out of that
one, and several Groo readers need it to complete their collections.

Lastly, regarding the eBay situation and the selling of autographs...

I haven't responded to this discussion before because I wanted to
think it over and discuss it with Sergio.  Our decision is not to
interfere.  Folks are going to sell autographs no matter what we do
and stopping three or four sales will not make any difference.  I
appreciate the efforts of those who are sending e-mail to the sellers
but I think it's a futile effort.

What we can do though is to make sure that no loyal GROO fan winds up
paying serious money for them.  Sergio has a crate of those cards and
he's going to bring them over here next week and we'll sign a batch of
them.  Any member of the Groo Mailing List who wants one only has to
send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address below and ask.
(Please...no International Reply Coupons or cash for foreign stamps.
If you're out of the country, arrange for someone else to forward
yours to you.)

And I think that's it for now.

Mark Evanier
PMB 303